I want to recommend some websites for new ( and well practised!) mums and dads which will help with the various challenges and joys of parenting, shopping and general juggling that all parents have to do.
My favourites by far-
- Mumsnet– I started logging on to this site when I had my first daughter in 2006 and haven’t logged off since! Obviously a lot of people will know this site but I was amazed as to the number of my friends that didn’t. The talk section especially is very illuminating with subjects ranging from parenting, behavioural issues in children, fashion ,all the way to Brazilians!!
- Bambino goodies– This fabulous website deals with all products relating to children, parents, maternity fashion. You name it, they have researched and reviewed it. It has led me to many a children’s website with fabulous things for children’s rooms and children’s products. I love the fact that each website and item is well tested. It is a great site for those parents who love their children but still want to keep their interior designer within and not fill their house with red plastic all the time.
- House to home and Livingetc– My 2 favourite home websites.They are chock full of picture galleries for bedrooms, living rooms and children’s rooms and especially good for modern, contemporary and classic decor.It gives you lots of ideas for doing up your children’s rooms and satisfies your inner interior designer whilst still allowing wipe-able child friendly materials. Especially good is the See my Home section where anyone can post pictures of their houses and rooms and await judgement from the design savvy forum members.
- Yummy mummy maternity– Great range of maternity and nursing clothes.I stocked up on a few nursing tunics and tops and many of my friends couldn’t even tell they were nursing tops! Very prompt delivery and refund service too.
- Isabella Oliver– The mecca for maternity wear and now even for normal easygoing luxe clothes! I started using them in 2006 when pregnant with my first child and proceeded to buy a few more things when pregnant last year again.They are classy, easy to wash, on trend and extremely hard wearing clothes.Another plus is they keep their value so can be resold on ebay at at lest 60% of their original cost.